vendredi 1 décembre 2023

Fly Away - Mixed media panel for Finnabair BA

Hello Sweeties,

Today I have a mixed media panel with my beloved Finnabair products that I created a while ago but  I haven't shared with you yet. 

The main elements of the composition are the moth and the fork used to extend its body.


First, I primed the MDF support with white gesso. I added a few rub-on from the Photo Passion set. When done, I added a design with white crackle paste and the Numbers stencil, then clear crackle paste randomly.


While the background was drying, I covered the moth with Steampunk metallic flakes. I build my composition with the help of heavy body gesso. The fork will be an extension of the moth body, the dents kind of extra antennas. I try to bend them, but I only manage to bend the two side tines.


When everything was in place and didn’t move, I sprinkled the composition with burgundy and dark rose mica powders from the Vintage Roses set. I ‘ve spray them with dilute liquid color fluid medium to make the mica permanent. I dried everything before using different colors of liquid acrylic paints to add more colors to the composition.


When happy with the result, I used waxes in Rose Gold, Vintage Gold, and Old Silver to highlight the details of the moth.


To finish, I added some Golden Dragon Effect paste and silver glitter.


I hope you will enjoy the video:


Finnabair's products used:
  • Flowers - Prima;
  • Moulds - Finnabair Prima (Mecha Moth, Clock Faces, Steampunk Hearts);
  • Mechanicals - Finnabair Prima (Woodland Leaves);
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Vintage Roses Mica set, Winter Glitter Set);
  • Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima Liquid Acrylic (Crimson, Nude, Burnt Sienna, Ink Black, Umber, Ochre);
  • Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima Waxes (Rose Gold, Vintage Gold, Old Silver);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste, Clear Crackle Paste, Golden Dragon Effect Paste);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Heavy Body Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).
Other product:
  • MDF - Artistiko.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...