vendredi 10 mars 2023

Be your beautiful self - Mixed media canvas for Dusty Attic

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a new mixed media canvas inspired by the beautiful colors of the March color combo.





Here is the color combo. 
Don't forget to play with us Dusty FANattics | MARCH Mood Board entries






I covered the canvas with Paper and Light Modeling pastes. I painted the background with Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic. I kept it very light. When dry, I added randomly some metallic flakes with the help of gilding glue. Then, I added clear crackle paste and let dry naturally. Next, I added some Ink Black liquid acrylic to highlight the crackles. 


I primed all the chipboard with white gesso before altering them. I painted the Foliage #1 with Ink Black and Burnt Sienna. I want them to be dark. When dry, I used the Stained Wood wax to matify them, then some White gold wax. 


I painted lightly the Foliage Cluster #2 and the Poppy Heads with Burnt Sienna liquid acrylic. For the Spider Chrysanthemum, I mixed Brown Sienna and Nude liquid acrylic. 


I painted the Antique Frame with Ink Black paint, then White Gold wax. I covered the inside of the frame with Metallic Flakes, then with Clear Crackle paste to mimic a mirror. 


To finish, I added some glitter.  


Dusty Attic products:


Antique frame
DA1563

Spider Chrysanthemum
DA1043

Poppy Heads Small
DA3115

Foliage #1
DA0506

Dandelion
DA3309

Foliage Cluster #2
DA3303

Other products:
  • Flowers - 49 and Market (Salt Wildflowers);
  • Art Ingredient - Fnnabair Prima (Sparkling Metallic Flakes);
  • Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic - Finnabair Prima (Ink Black, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Nude);
  • Art Alchemy Waxes - Finnabair Prima (White Gold, Stained Wood);
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Luminous Glitter Set);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste, Clear Crackle Paste, Gilding Glue);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso,  Light Modeling Paste).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...