mardi 21 septembre 2021

Light the Way - Mixed media panel for Lindy's Gang DT

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Lindy's Gang blog with a new mixed media panel. I used Magical to create some beautiful textures.


The result is stunning or so I think. The result is really what I was looking for. I added some Hag's Wart Orange when the paste was dry that flows in the cracks. I give some warm to the light effect.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo where you can see the transparency of the paste.


Next, I want to make a matte crackle paste to mimic an old paint that has overheated.
This time I used a white crackle paste which I colored with the Black Hole Black Magical. I added also some dry coffee grounds to add some texture as well.


The coffee grounds probably accelerated the cracking process by absorbing the water and also led to the formation of mini cracks. The result was unexpected but, I love it. I added different shades of brown and orange to mimic the rust.


The last crackle paste I made was for the grid. I simply mixed the white crackle paste with the Black Hole Magical, as I want a paste that will be easy to apply.
The result is without surprise, but the effect is perfect to replicate the effect of the paint being crackled from below by the rust. I add the same shade of brown and orange magicals to complete the rust effect.


I painted the gears with a mix of Liquid Fluid Medium, Black Hole Black, Milky Way White and Titanium Whit liquid acrylic paint. But the result was to glossy for me, so I used the Charcoal Black wax to matify them and the Rust Effect pastes to finish. For the flowers, I used the Red Hot Poker Orange.


To finish the composition I added some glitter.

I hope you will enjoy the video.

Lindy's Gang products:

To obtain a 10% discount on all your purchase at Lindy's Gang, use the code PASCALE_B

Other products:
  • HDF - Artistiko (Large Lamp, Halve);
  • Tissue Paper - Idea-Ology (Telegraph);
  • Mould - Finnabair Prima (Grungy Frame, Machine Parts);
  • Mechanical - Finnabair Prima (Lotus, Woodland Leaves);
  • Waxes Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima (Charcoal Black);
  • Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima (Liquid Color Fluid Medium, Titanium White); 
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Clear Crackle Paste, White Crackle Paste, Rust Effect Paste);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Heavy White Gesso, Clear Gesso, Heavy Body Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...