vendredi 10 février 2023

Marine Mechanicals - Diorama for Dusty Attic DT

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a new marine diorama. 


I primed the Porthole with black gesso. I primed the two parts of the porthole with black gesso. I added a piece of acrylic between the two pieces of the porthole. Next, I painted it with Silver Spoon acrylic paint. Next, I used the Rust Effect pastes set to alter the porthole.


I built a box that I covered with white crackle paste. When dry, I colored it with Prussian Blue liquid acrylic paints.


I added a piece of polystyrene at the bottom covered with 3D Gloss gel. While the gel was still wet, I added some sand to mimic the sea bed.


I primed all the chipboards with white gesso and the resin elements with clear gesso. I used liquid acrylic paints to color them and waxes to highlight the details. I covered The Cogs and the Pipe with Rust Effect paste. Next, I added some Brushed Iron wax. I cut the Pipes into pieces which I glued on the side of the box. 


I used a wooden skewer to create an axis between the biggest gear which was glued on the bottom and different sizes of gears. I added the other gears at the front bottom. 


I painted the sea elements with different colors of liquid acrylic paints. I painted the Angler fish with ochre paint, then with diluted silver paint. I glued a piece of toothpick behind all the chipboards to 


I added a few LEDs around the box and I made sure some of the LEDs reach the Industrial Globes I have glued to the ceiling.



Dusty Attic products:



Angler Fish Small
DA3357



Jumbo Cogs#2
DA2501



Mini Cogs #2
DA1932



Industrial Globes #3
DA2184



Pipe Small
DA0985



Ocean Elements #5
DA2771



Ocean Elements #7
DA2773



Coral Mixed
DA1919



Ocean elements #1
DA2767



Seaweed #4
DA1916



Seaweed #3
DA1912



Seaweed #1
DA1910




Porthole 11"
DA2578


Other products:
  • Moulds - Prima (Large Gears, Mecha Moth);
  • Art Alchemy Metallic Paint - Finnabair Prima (Silver Spoon);
  • Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic - Finnabair Prima (Burnt Sienna, Umber, Ochre, Tiger Orange, Carmin);
  • Art Alchemy Waxes - Finnabair Prima (Brushed Iron);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste, Rust Effect Paste);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Heavy gesso: Black, White, 3D Matte gel, Soft Gloss Gel).

2 commentaires:

  1. Absolument magnifique 👏👏👏👏

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Bonjour Pascale, votre layout est comme toujours très belle.
    Mvg Gina Belgique 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

    RépondreSupprimer



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...