mercredi 18 août 2021

Under the sea - Mixed media panel for Dusty Attic DT

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a kind of diorama. Imagine looking through the porthole of a submarine and looking at the sea world. Wouldn't that be amazing!


I primed the two parts of the porthole with black gesso. I added a piece of acrylic between the two pieces of the porthole. Next, I painted it with Silver Spoon acrylic paint. Next, I used the Rust Effect pastes set to alter the porthole. Finally, I added some Old Silver wax. 


I built a bottom which I covered with white crackle paste. When dry, I colored it with different shades of blue liquid acrylic paints.


I primed all the sea chipboards with white gesso and the resin elements with clear gesso. I used liquid acrylic paints to color them and waxes to highlight the details. I covered the Coral elements with Iced Crushed paste and Nude liquid acrylic. 


I covered the Anchor with Rust Effect pastes, added a little bit of Old Silver wax, and added jute cording. I glued a piece of toothpick behind all the elements. 


I added a piece of polystyrene at the bottom covered with Paper paste. While the paste was still wet, I added some sand to mimic the sea bed. When done, I glued all the elements in place.


To finish, I added some natural elements like a crab, shells, moss, and starfishes


Dusty Attic products:

Porthole 11"
DA2578
Seaweed Mixed
DA1913
Seaweed #1
DA1910
Coral Mixed
DA1919
Anchors
DA0558
Ocean Elements #1
DA2767
Ocean Elements #7
DA2773
Mini Jelly Fish
DA2778

Other products:
  • Mould - Kate Sue Design (Seahorses);
  • Mould - Prima (Coral Reef);
  • Waxes Art Alchemy - Finnabair (Old Silver, Graphite, White Gold, Rich Copper);
  • Liquid Acrylics Art Alchemy - Finnabair (Nude, Coral, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Avocado);
  • Acrylic Paint Alchemy - Finnabair (Silver Spoon);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste, Paper Paste, Iced Crushed Paste, Rust Effect Paste set);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, Heavy White Gesso, Heavy Black Gesso, 3D Matte Gel).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...