samedi 24 décembre 2022

Merry Christmas - Mixed media star for Dusty Attic

Hello Sweeties,

Today, I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with another Xmas home decor. I used the amazing December color combo.






Here is the beautiful December color combo







I colored a large piece of watercolor paper with different inks in burgundy, pale pink and black. I used this paper to cover a MDF star that I have brought a few year ago in a dollar store and completely forget about it. It was perfect for the project I had in mind. 


Next I added a design with a stencil and modeling paste. I sprinkled with a coral embossing powder while the paste was still wait and heat embossed. I replaced the stencil at the same places and entended the pattern with a brass wax. 


As usual, I primed all the chipboard with white gesso before I colored them. I embossed the Vintage Frame #4 with a copper EP. I embossed the Christmas Berries #1 with a burgundy EP and the berries of the Mistletoe #2 with the coral EP I've used previously. 


I painted the Foliage #11 and the Pine Sprig  #2 with black liquid acrylic, then I added the brass wax. For the Foliage #27 and Mistletoe #2, I used a brown liquid acrylic. I glued all my elements with 3D gel and I added a few flowers and a small bird.


To finish, I added glitter. 


Dusty Attic products:



Foliage #11
DA1873


Pine Sprig #2
DA3174


Foliage #27
DA2784


Christmas Berries #1
DA3143


Mistletoe #2
DA3196


Vintage Frame #4
DA 1510


Card Sentiments #1
DA2969-1


Other products:
  • Flowers - 49 & Market (Salt Nature's Bounty, Salt Florets);
  • Squirt - Lindy's Gang (Oh Canadian Bacon, Oh Canada Crimson, Hockey Puck Black);
  • Starburst - Lindy's Gang (Bandolier Brown);
  • Embossing Powders - Lindy's Gang (Cool man Copper, Geranium Coral Blush);
  • Embossing Powder - Blue Fern Studio (Garnet);
  • Stencil - A.B. Studio (Stencil ID-94);
  • Art Alchemy Wax - Finnabair Prima (Aged Brass);
  • Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic - Finnabair Prima (Burnt Sienna, Ink Black)
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (White Heavy Gesso, Modeling Paste, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...