lundi 29 août 2022

Natural Moth - Mixed media panel for Finnabair

Hello Sweeties,

If you have been following me, you should have noticed that I love using flowers in my project. It has always been a reel challenge for me to not use them. Well, it's mostly because I always feel very inspired by the Nature around us: the colors, the shapes,  ... It seems just normal to use natural elements in projects as well.


To start I primed the MDF base with white gesso which I covered with a book page. I covered it with a thin layer of white gesso as I wanted to see the print. Next, I added a design with the Victorian Tiles stencil and paper paste. 


I primed all the elements with white gesso. I find it easier this way, but you can prime when they are glued. It's really up to you. I started my composition with the biggest elements. Here it's obviously the frame, the handle, and the flowers. When those were in place, I added the natural elements: poppy pods and alder fruits.  


I continue with more minor elements like the watches and the leaves. To finish the composition, I added different sizes of Art Stones. They are really great for filling empty spaces. 


I used liquid acrylic paints to color the composition. I used different shades of green and blue as well as a little touch of purple. I added several layers of paint. 


When I was happy with the colors I highlight the details with Bronze Age and White Gold waxes.


To finish I added some Magic Potion Unicorn paste and glitter.


Finnabair products:
Other products:
  • MDF - Artistiko (Plate 8 large).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...