jeudi 29 juillet 2021

Rochelle's Folie - Mixed media panel for Mixed Media Place

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Mixed Media Place blog where I've been inviting as a guest designer. I worked with a photomontage I made a while ago inspired by Almayer's Folie from Magritte.







Here is the beautiful mood board for your inspiration 






I began my project by gluing a piece of the Solar paper tissue with Soft Matte Gel. When dry, I covered it with clear gesso. I mixed some Frozen Lake mica powder with 3D Gloss gel to make a paste. I used this paste along with the Golden Dust Jewel paste and a stencil to add a design. 


When everything was dry, I colored the background with different liquid acrylic paints to match the colors of the photo. I mixed Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, and Violet to obtain the right shade of blue. For the sun part, I worked with True Yellow, Tiger Orange, and a hint of Carmine. 


Before gluing all the embellishments, I primed the resin elements with Black gesso and the metallic elements with clear gesso. To color the elements, I used waxes: the pipes with Charcoal Black wax, the frame with White Gold, and the flowers with Old Denim and Peacock.


Next, I applied Vintage Gold over everything but I was careful to give the impression of the light coming from the yellow part of the panel. 


To finish, I added glass glitter and glitter. 

Mixed Media Place products:
  • Stencil - A.B. Studio ( Stencil ID-59);
  • Tissue Paper - Finnabair Prima (Solar);
  • Mechanical - Finnabair Prima (Tropical Leaves);
  • Moulds - Finnabair Prima (Grungy Frames, Rusty Pipelines, Machine Parts, Mechanica);
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Glass Glitter: Gold Rush, Mica Powder: Frozen Lake);
  • Liquid Acrylic Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima (Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Violet, Ink Black, True Yellow, Tiger Orange, Carmine);
  • Waxes Art Alchemy - Finnabair Prima (Charcoal Black, Old Denim, Peacock, White Gold, Vintage Gold);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Jewel Paste: Golden Dust);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, Black Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel, Soft Matte Gel, Heavy Body Gel).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire



Merci pour vos commentaires qui font chaud au coeur.
A très bientôt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...